TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment FAQ.
How Long does the course go for?
1. The course runs Face to Face for one week. Although you can complete the course in this time there is an amount of work to do at home or away from training. You DO NOT have to complete the full assessment process in that same time period. Ideally if possible you should allow a couple of weeks after the face to face section to allow you more time and less stress to complete all teh assessment processes.
What Times do I need to be there?
Can I do the course externally?
3. It is possible to do the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course externally but it is not recommended as some of the assessments are difficult without face to face guidance. But if it is difficult for you to allow the time for the face to face it is possible to do it through distance. There will be a requirement for you to present a video prior to completion of you delivering a course (short). If you have difficulty we generally recommend if possible to come on the first day and third day and complete the rest in your own time if possible or splitting the course up over several weeks coming on a different day (or group of days) over several courses.
What will this qualification allow me to do?
4. With the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Qualification you will be able to deliver and assess any nationally recognised unit of competency or full qualification that you or the RTO you work for has the competence to deliver as long as it is on the scope of the RTO (approved by the Department of Education and Training) to deliver. You will be classed as a Nationally recognised trainer to deliver training in the VET (Vocational Education and Training) system. This includes Apprenticeships, Trainee ships and other certificate level qualifications through to Vocational Graduate Diploma level.
What won't this qualification allow me to do?
5. Holding this qualification does not automatically allow you to issue Certificates or any Qualifications to another person. This can only be done by an RTO would is authorised to deliver the qualification or unit of competency. Just holding the qualification does not automatically make you an RTO, however it does give you the qualification to then apply to DET to become an RTO if that is what you wish to do. Click here for a link to see how to apply.
Is this course Nationally recognised?
6. Short answer is Yes. This course is recognised in all States and Territories of Australia. It is one of the most requested courses delivered and is used by many companies throughout Australia as a prerequisite for all trainers (in House training) as well as the qualification to deliver nationally recognised training for RTO's (it is compulsory for RTO trainers).
Can I become an RTO (Registered Training Organisation) after completing this course?
7. Yes you can but you have to go through the required registration and audit processes. See Link Here.
What resources do i need to supply myself?
8. Nothing, we will supply everything needed to complete the course. You might want to bring some note taking supplies (pad and Pen) and some lunch, but there is an abundance of food stores nearby. You will need internet access for some exercises (at home or away from training room) but if they are not available for you please discuss with your trainer and alternative arrangements can be made.
What are the pre-requites I need to enrol in the course?
9. There are no Pre-Requisites for the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course, but a basic level of Language and Literacy is needed. If you have difficulty with Literacy or English please contact us first to discuss.
When will I receive my qualification after completing the course?
10. The standards for RTO's allow 28 days for the issue of qualifications from the date of receiving all completed material. Aegis Training Services has a policy of issuing the qualifications within 3 working days if possible (possible 95% of the time) on many occasions it is possible to issue within 1 day.